Executive Protection Training
The Close Protection Training Course is a 28 day intensive training program for the person who is seeking a career as an executive protection operative
Close Protection Training
TSU has a reputation for delivering a close protection security training service of the highest standard.
The Close Protection Training Course is a 28 day intensive training program for the person who is seeking a career as an executive protection operative and is currently serving in the executive protection field in the military, police and corporate environments.
The TSU Executive Protection course is accredited with SASSETA (RSA), PSIRA (RSA). The course carries an International Qualification. It also adheres to all the requirements of PSIRA and SASSETA, and is arguably the most advanced Close Protection course available in the market today.
- Written formative and summative assessments
- The completion of assignments
- Evaluation of theoretical planned CPO operations
- Practical execution of a planned CPO operation
- Demonstrate immediate action drills associated with CPO operations
- Medical and practical exams
- Practical driving evaluations
Close Protection Training Course Content
- 8 SASSETA Unit Standards associated with the executive protection qualification (SAQA ID 58696)
- Advanced Driver Training [Offensive & Defensive] (www.gerotek.co.za)
- Medical Training U/S 276480
- Firearms Competency Training
- Knowledge of the Firearms Control Act 60/2000 U/S 117705
- Handle and Use of a Handgun U/S 119649
- Handle and Use of a Handgun for Business Purposes U/S 123515
- Apply Tactical Knowledge U/S 123510
- Physical Fitness
- Demonstrate physical defensive restraining techniques U/S 120486
- Planning and execution’s of a Close Protection operation
- Real time scenario based exercises (6 hours / 18 hours and 72 hours respectively)
- Driver’s License
- Preferable tactical experience
- Exceptional weapon handling skills
- Basic knowledge and understanding of medical terminologies
Cost of Close Protection Training Course
R50 000 (excluding VAT at 15%).
- All training material and certificates
- Vehicles and fuel for scenario based exercises
- Shooting range and track fees
- Firearms and ammunition
- Equipment and resources for duration of the course
- Meals and refreshments at Gerotek
- Refreshments during course
28 days (excluding Sundays)
Please see our brochure for detailed costs on accommodation.